SubjectRe: Hugetlb demanding paging for -mm tree
Chen, Kenneth W <mailto:kenneth.w.chen@intel.com> wrote on Monday,

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 11:43:32AM -0700, Seth, Rohit wrote:
> Why do we need update_mmu_cache for hugepages?

As things stand in mainline, it's not an obvious issue. Ken appears to
be calling it for hugetlb in the ZFOD fault handling patches, which
have the issue that it may behave badly in several respects when acting
on large pages. The cache coherency bits in update_mmu_fault() are
necessary in general, but mainline omits them. It should only result in
intermittent failures on machines with sufficiently incoherent caches.

-- wli

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.040 / U:0.312 seconds]