SubjectRe: AES assembler optimizations
Bob Deblier <bob.deblier@telenet.be> writes:

> Just picked up on KernelTrap that there were some problems with
> optimized AES code; if you wish, I can provide my own LGPL licensed (or
> I can relicense them for you under GPL), as included in the BeeCrypt
> Cryptography Library.
>
> I have generic i586 code and SSE-optimized code available in GNU
> assembler format. Latest version is always available on SourceForge
> (http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=8924).

Would be interesting. Do you have any benchmarks for your code?

However I think we would need to get rid of the M4 first. I don't
think it would be a good idea to add that as kernel build dependency.
Linux kernel assembly normally uses the C preprocessor and modern gas
also has a quite powerful macro facility that is usually good
enough. Any chance to convert the code to one of these?

-Andi

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.056 / U:6.752 seconds]