> >Well, so could you please enlighten the Linux people and say in a couple
> >of words how it could be done?
> 1) Fetch the Solaris install CD images from:

Grrr! I wanted you to describe the solution, not how to install Solaris!

You continue asserting that there is some solution to the device numbering
problem (although most other people believe that the problem is unsolvable)
and when asked for the solution, you keep pointing in random directions.

So either show a proof (and shouting that some random OS and that everybody
else should install to find out, is not a proof), or shut up and admit
that you are wrong.

Also, you still forget to state any valid reason why SCSI-like devices should
be referred to in a way different from all other devices, which traditionally
use names of special files.

Have a nice fortnight
Martin `MJ' Mares <>
Nothing is smiple enough to be not screwed up.