SubjectRe: [linux-usb-devel] Re: USB troubles in rc2

David Brownell wrote:

>On Thursday 05 August 2004 10:05, Michael Guterl wrote:
>

>>Thanks for the reply David, but where exactly does this leave me and
>>the others experiencing this problem? Is there any more information I
>>can provide that might help? Any possible solutions, patches, etc?
>>

>It leaves you (and others) with the problem partially isolated, so that
>someone with time to track it down will have that much less work to do.
>[...]
>A third-best would be for someone (you?) to find out exactly which patch
>caused the problem -- a binary search of the USB patches, luckily it's
>made easier by the fact that it could only be a change in HID, usbcore,
>or some HCD. (And most likely IMO it's usbcore.) Then that patch can
>either be further debugged, or reverted.
>
>- Dave

OK, I'm willing since I'm stuck with 2.6.7-ck5 which eventually bugs due
to some USB problems. I'm not a developer so I need a little help
learning how to get the USB patches added somewhere in between 2.6.7 and
2.6.7-mm2/2.6.8-rc1. I'm kinda busy right now so maybe I didn't search
the kernel.org website well enough, but I've reached the conclusion I'll
need to use bk or the cvs interface. So if someone can give me a quick
and dirty tutorial or point me to where I can read up on this (or just
give me some google search terms) I'd be willing to apply patches until
it breaks and try to figure out what's going wrong.

Thanks,

Wes

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:1.216 / U:0.056 seconds]