    On Friday 06 August 2004 22:26, Albert Cahalan wrote:
    > In various emails, Joerg Schilling writes:
    > > Linux users like to call cdrecord -scanbus and they like to
    > > see _all_ SCSI devices from a single call to cdrecord.
    >
    > If you really think so, you've been smoking crack.

    Please, no insults. I like this cdrecord -scanbus too, but I would like it
    more, if it would also print pure ide devices ;)
    On the other hand I usually also don't care since k3b does all this stuff for
    me.

    > Users _hate_ to call "cdrecord -scanbus". They don't
    > see why it should be needed. The normal reaction to
    > reading your documentation goes something like this:
    >
    > "What the fuck? Can't I just give it a device name?"

    Well, the usual reaction is 'cdrecord whats that? Commandline interface,
    parameters? Hey, I want to burn a CD and don't like reading manpages for
    stuff like that'. I guess that at least 95% of all people who would like to
    burn a CD will prefer (and also use) a grahical interface.

    The hole discussion which cdrecord -dev parameter to use is completely
    useless, it only effects a clear minority of developers and guys who probably
    don't like graphical interfaces at at all. Those guys should be able to adopt
    to whatever -dev option is possible.

    Please, calm down and return to usefull technical discussions.

    Bernd

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.022 / U:1.992 seconds]