    On Wednesday 04 August 2004 00:09, Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > Tons of small fixes all around the tree.
    > There's an optimized assembly AES implementation for x86 (from Brian
    > Gladman), and a number of driver updates, all of which are reasonably
    > minor.
    > It would be good if people only sent serious stuff for a while, and we can
    > do a real 2.6.8, ok?
    > Linus

    Works like a charm, only one comment:

    Mounting my vfat partitions gave me this error:

    FAT: codepage or iocharset option didn't specified
    File name can not access proper (mounted as read-only)

    which was easily fixed by supplying a iocharset= mount option. But according
    to the man page of mount:

    Character set to use for converting between 8 bit characters and
    16 bit Unicode characters. The default is iso8859-1. Long file-
    names are stored on disk in Unicode format.

    the default is iso8859-1. Has this default gone haywire somewhere?

    Thanks anyway for another great kernel :)

    Version: GnuPG v1.2.5 (GNU/Linux)

    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.021 / U:2.452 seconds]