    SubjectRe: KVM & mouse wheel
    Vojtech Pavlik wrote:
    > On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 07:38:55AM -0500, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:

    > initially
    > will help

    > that the

    > will have
    > > >
    > > > Hmm, does the imps/exps probe succeed in this case?
    > >
    > > No, it does not, at least not mine. It either does bare PS/2 or native,
    > but
    > > there are other Synaptics touchpads that can also do imps.
    >
    > Ok, so how about issuing a reset when the imps probe fails? That'd take
    > care of all the cases, and I suppose a Synaptics pad that can do imps
    > will not be confused by it.

    Synaptics requires full reset, reset-disable alone is not enough.
    Plus, when synaptics is detected but left in emulation mode, the
    driver does synaptics-specific reset which initializes stuff that
    survives reset-disable (for example it enables gestures so tapping
    is guaranteed to work).

    Additionally I think it's a good idea to detect hardware regardless
    of the protocol it is using so user can see what he has.

    Anyway, I think that explicitely calling reset-disable after each
    failed probe is a good idea... or maybe not after each probe but just
    once, before probing for generic protocols (imps/exps), like in the
    attached patch.

    --
    Dmitry

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.058 / U:4.840 seconds]