    | Hi!
    |

    |>| uservfs does
    |>|
    |>| cd foo.deb#uar
    |>cd foo.deb/ar
    |>| vs.
    |>| cd foo.deb#udeb
    |>cd foo.deb/deb
    |>
    |>and why would you want that, instead of just:
    |>cd foo.deb # for the ar
    |>dpkg -i foo.deb # for the deb
    |

    | Because I want to see contents of that .deb package, nicely parsed?
    |

    |>Just want to extract the tar file? Maybe something like
    |>cat foo.tgz/gunzip
    |>In which case (of course) foo.tgz/gunzip has exactly the same directory
    |>contents as foo.tgz
    |

    | Yes, that would work.
    |

    |>In fact, for just about any syntax anyone could suggest, I can't really
    |>see why you can't just replace all weird symbols with a slash and a
    |>symbol. Instead of
    |> foo.tgz#utar
    |>you have
    |> foo.tgz/#/utar
    |>Only difference is, some things which used to require special tools can
    |>now be serviced by less than what's in busybox.
    |

    | That would work, too. I do not get your comment about busybox.

    Busybox is a bare minimum of unix tools, yet still includes things like
    tar/bz2. With such a system, you can use the most basic (sub-GNU)
    versions of tools like cp, cat, sh, ls, and so on, to do much more
    complex operations. What's more, you can see everything you can do to a
    file just by looking at it. I can certainly imagine doing
    cat foo.tgz/metas/README
    rather than a google search for tgz, followed by a "man tar" and "man
    gzip". Assuming I know nothing about tar/gzip files, it's a lot easier
    as a new user to have one common interface for everything -- including
    docs. Fewer commands to memorize, faster to learn new stuff.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.022 / U:29.728 seconds]