On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Pavel Machek wrote:

> It buys me caching.

I'll actually buy into that. If only because I consider caching to be one
of the more important things that the kernel does (caches are a _classic_
case of "shared data that needs synchronization").

However, that said, user space can trivially cache things in the
filesystem, so while this may be a convenient feature, I think you should
look at perhaps doing it in the _shell_ instead..

Linus

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans