    SubjectRe: 1GB/2GB/3GB User Space Splitting Patch (PSEUDO SPAM)
    On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 04:01:29 +0000 wrote:

    | > On Sul, 2004-08-29 at 17:42, William Lee Irwin III wrote:
    | > Ok so I can compile with a.out support. End of problem, that makes the
    | > patch useful and "spec compliant", although the spec compliance is
    | > irrelevant anyway. The spec doesn't determine what Linux is it's a
    | > useful reference for normality. Special cases are special cases and you
    | > harm the system by seeking to stop stuff that works purely for pieces of
    | > paper.
    | >
    | Amen. USB 2.0 orinoco wireless drivers seems to have problems when user space
    | is set to 1GB. Works grat with 2GB ad 3GB user space settings. Problem occurs during
    | any acces to usb_read_device(). This doesn't look like a ABI problem, looks like
    | a problem with the USB subsystem. The serialize semaphore gets stuck for some
    | reason.

    What kernel version? I can't even find usb_read_device() in 2.6.9-rc1.

    BTW, as someone else requested, please teach your mail client to wrap
    lines around column 70-72. Thanks.

    | On the other topic, ABI compliance sounds a little restrictive since this is after all, an
    | open source OS. Most apps get recompiled and I always download open source
    | components for Linux.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.020 / U:6.336 seconds]