SubjectRe: 1GB/2GB/3GB User Space Splitting Patch 2.6.8.1 (PSEUDO SPAM)
Date

> On Sul, 2004-08-29 at 17:42, William Lee Irwin III wrote:

> Ok so I can compile with a.out support. End of problem, that makes the
> patch useful and "spec compliant", although the spec compliance is
> irrelevant anyway. The spec doesn't determine what Linux is it's a
> useful reference for normality. Special cases are special cases and you
> harm the system by seeking to stop stuff that works purely for pieces of
> paper.

Amen. USB 2.0 orinoco wireless drivers seems to have problems when user space
is set to 1GB. Works grat with 2GB ad 3GB user space settings. Problem occurs during
any acces to usb_read_device(). This doesn't look like a ABI problem, looks like
a problem with the USB subsystem. The serialize semaphore gets stuck for some
reason.

On the other topic, ABI compliance sounds a little restrictive since this is after all, an
open source OS. Most apps get recompiled and I always download open source
components for Linux.

:-)

Jeff

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.034 / U:0.344 seconds]