SubjectRe: Exposing ROM's though sysfs

> emu86 is rather buggy. It can't boot C&T BIOSes for example. qemu might
> be a better engine for this anyway in truth.

And I like the idea of chosing a solution that won't limit us to x86 hosts
anyway ;)

With proper support from the "VGA arbitration driver" that Jon talked about
earlier, that should be quite portable, the kernel driver doing the job of
providing PIO accessors to VGA space and mmap functionality for VGA memory
hole if it exist (can modern cards be POST'ed with an x86 BIOS on machines
that won't let you access any VGA memory hole, that is that won't let you
generate PCI memory cycles to low addresses that overlap RAM ? If yes, then
pmacs would be able to soft-boot x86 cards that way).

Ben.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.066 / U:0.368 seconds]