SubjectRe: [patch] mlock-as-nonroot revisted
On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

> I agree there aren't security issues, but it's still very wrong to
> charge the old user if the admin gives the locked ram to a new user.
> This erratic behaviour shows how much the rlimit approch is flawed for
> named fs objects that have nothing to do with the transient task that
> created them.

If root wants to screw over a user, there's nothing we
can do. I am not worried about the scenario you describe
because hugetlbfs seems to be used only by Oracle anyway,
so you won't run into issues like you describe.

It would be different for a general purpose filesystem,
but I'd like to see a usage case for your scenario before
making the code overly complex.