SubjectRe: KVM & mouse wheel
On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Marko Macek wrote:

> Hello!
> A few months ago I posted about problems with 2.6 kernel, KVM and mouse
> wheel.
> I was using 2.4 kernel until recently, but with the switch to FC2 with
> 2.6 kernel this problem became much more annoying.

I also had problems with my KVM switch and mouse when I initially moved to
2.6, but adding this kernel boot parameter fixed it, meybe it will help
you as well : psmouse.proto=imps

My mouse was jumping all over the screen, clicking buttons at random, but
since I added
append="psmouse.proto=imps"
to my lilo.conf everything has been working perfectly with every 2.6
kernel I've tried.

My mouse is a "Logitec MouseMan Wheel" (USB mouse, but connected to the
KVM with a USB->PS/2 adapter), my KVM switch is an old 8port thing that I
unfortunately don't know the name/brand of since I got it used and the
label with that info on it is gone.

Hope that helps you :)

--
Jesper Juhl <juhl-lkml@dif.dk>