    SubjectRe: Scheduler fairness problem on 2.6 series (Attn: Nick Piggin and others)
    Lee Revell wrote:
    > On Sat, 2004-08-28 at 21:19, spaminos-ker@yahoo.com wrote:
    >
    >>--- Lee Revell <rlrevell@joe-job.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Is this an SMP machine? There were problems with that version of the
    >>>voluntary preemption patches on SMP. The latest version, Q3, should fix
    >>>these.
    >>>

    >>No, it's a single CPU Athlon 1800+, the kernel is compiled in with support for
    >>SMP system, but that should not have any impact.
    >>

    > I believe people were also having problems running SMP kernels with the
    > VP patches on UP. Try the latest version. Q3 as of this writing.

    Nicolas,
    I'll generate a combined patch and let you know when it's ready. In
    the mean time, could you try increasing the "base_promotion_interval" to
    about twice the time slice size?

    Peter
    --
    Peter Williams pwil3058@bigpond.net.au