On Fri, 27 Aug 2004, Markus Törnqvist wrote:

> People will say it when people stop using Linux on servers because
> they can integrate metadata easier in other operating systems ;)

Heh. Considering that WinFS seems to be delayed yet more, I don't think
that's a very strong argument.

Hell will freeze over before Microsoft does a filesystem right. Besides,
WinFS is likely almost in user mode anyway, ie mostly a library, rather
like the gnome people are already doing with nome storage.

So there's really no point in trying to push your agenda by trying to
scare people with MS activities. Linux kernel developers do what's right
because it is _right_, not because somebody else does it.

Linus

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans