    On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 01:31:34AM -0700, Hans Reiser wrote:
    > Andrew, we need to compete with WinFS and Dominic Giampaolo's filesystem
    > for Apple, and that means we need to put search engine and database

    Dou you know a nice thing? We (as in the Linux Community) don't have to
    compete with anyone. Sure, we're usually trying to be better than
    anyone else, but unlike companies under maret pressure we can wait until
    something is ready.

    Again, if you think you want your work in Linux cooperate with the Linux
    Developers, and as you have seen in this thread there's a pretty broad
    consensus that we want things working at the VFS (and actually working
    of course)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:6.040 / U:0.016 seconds]