Jamie Lokier wrote:

>Nicholas Miell wrote:
>

>>Anything that currently stores a file's metadata in another file really
>>wants this right now. Things like image thumbnails, document summaries,
>>digital signatures, etc.
>>

>Additionally, all of those things you describe should be deleted if
>the file is modified -- to indicate that they're no longer valid and
>should be regenerated if needed.
>
>Whereas there are some other kinds of metadata which should not be
>deleted if the file is modified.
>
>-- Jamie

Yes, I agree.

Actually we plan to have a whole link taxonomy, and one expected feature
is that some links don't count towards the refcount needed to keep an
object in existence (For instance, the links between key words and text
documents, you don't want to have to explicitly unlink every keyword in
order to delete a document).

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.453 / U:0.544 seconds]