    Chris Mason wrote:

    >If the early linux filesystems had taken the same attitude you have
    >(don't write new filesystems, only write plugins), there would be no
    >framework allowing the wealth of filesystems we do have, including
    >reiser4.

    Au contraire, with my approach, there would be 10x as many filesystems,
    because people would be easily able to mix-and-match different methods
    and plugins from different filesystems together, and if you wanted the
    MySQL semantics, you would mount mysql, and if you wanted the zope
    semantics you would mount zope.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.020 / U:148.320 seconds]