    Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

    >On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 11:00:00PM +0200, Christophe Saout wrote:
    >>It should be completely forbidden to link into a meta-directory or out
    >>of such a directory. [..]
    >>Yes, I don't think it was a good idea either. Probably someone should
    >I personally would like plugins only if the API they use wouldn't allow
    >them to corrupt the underlying fs, I'm not sure if this is the case with
    You compile crap into the kernel, you are screwed. We have not and will
    not change that.

    Reiser4 plugins are not for end users to download from, they
    are for weekend hackers to send me a cool plugin for me to review,
    assign a plugin id to, and send to Linus in the next release. Sometimes
    being less ambitious works better, and dynamically loaded plugins would
    have made the infrastructure too bulky to be fun and fast.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.022 / U:15.704 seconds]