    (removed Tetsuo from the as it appears the email address is stale)

    David S. Miller wrote:
    > On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 13:48:49 -0400
    > Mike Waychison <Michael.Waychison@Sun.COM> wrote:
    >>Tetsuo posted his lscpi -vv output and he has an A2. The hardware
    >>autoneg patch was written and tested against an A3.
    >>Would it make sense to do (hand-edited):
    > Not really. The autoneg code in the bcm5700 driver works on
    > all revisions of the 5704 chipset.
    > If I can't get this working soon, I'm disabling it for all boards.
    > The software based fibre autoneg should work just fine for
    > everyone.

    If I understand it correctly, the problem we were seeing is that the
    chip was getting framing errors in high-traffic scenarios. Setting it
    to use hardware autoneg made these errors disappear. It's possible we
    need some other work-around.. :\

    Maybe Brian can better explain the issue at hand.

    - --
    Mike Waychison
    Sun Microsystems, Inc.
    1 (650) 352-5299 voice
    1 (416) 202-8336 voice

    NOTICE: The opinions expressed in this email are held by me,
    and may not represent the views of Sun Microsystems, Inc.
    Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux)

    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.023 / U:1.232 seconds]