SubjectRe: Scheduler fairness problem on 2.6 series (Attn: Nick Piggin and others)
--- Peter Williams <pwil3058@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> Could you try it in "pb" mode with both max_ia_bonus and max_tpt_bonus
> set to zero? That will disable all "priority" fiddling and tasks should
> just round robin at a priority determined solely by their "nice" value
> and since (according to your earlier mail) all the daemons have the same
> "nice" value they should just round robin with each other.

Hi, I tried the latest V-5.0 patch over 2.6.8.1 in these conditions with the
actual server subsystem, and I get components timeouts :(
I also ran the watchdog script on the box while running the test, and saw
deltas of around 3 seconds every few hours:

Tue Aug 24 03:02:13 PDT 2004
Tue Aug 24 05:50:14 PDT 2004
Tue Aug 24 09:05:24 PDT 2004
Tue Aug 24 09:06:20 PDT 2004
Tue Aug 24 09:36:22 PDT 2004
Tue Aug 24 10:20:16 PDT 2004
Tue Aug 24 13:28:19 PDT 2004

Could I do something more useful than just displaying those deltas? Maybe I
could dump the process list in some way, or enable some debugging code in the
kernel to find out what is going on?

Thanks

Nicolas

=====