    SubjectRe: 2.6.8.1-ck4
    Prakash K. Cheemplavam wrote:
    > Joshua Schmidlkofer wrote:
    > | I don't know what or why, but I am experiancing a nightmare with
    > | interactivity and heavy nfs use. I am using Gentoo, and I have my
    > | portage tree exported from a central server. Trying to do an emerge
    > | update world is taking forever.
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    > Yup I think I have a regression here, as well. I remember an older
    > version of ck exhibited this, but the last one for 2.6.7 did work well
    > (I think even the one for 2.8.6-rc4 was ok), IIRC. In my case, when
    > doing a (niced) compile in background, some windows react very slow, ie
    > Mozilla Thunderbird takes ages to switch trough mails or cliking on an
    > icon in kde to load up konsole takes about 10seconds or more (shoud come
    > up <1sec normally).
    >
    > Using 2.8.6.1-ck4
    >
    > HTH,
    >
    > Prakash

    For both of you this only happens with NFS? Can you reproduce the
    problem in flight and send me the output of 'top -n -n 1' while it's
    happening? Also if you have time can you confirm this happens with just
    the staircase patch and none of the other patches?

    Cheers,
    Con

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.024 / U:1.384 seconds]