    SubjectRe: 2.6.8.1-ck4
    > Yup I think I have a regression here, as well. I remember an older
    > version of ck exhibited this, but the last one for 2.6.7 did work well
    > (I think even the one for 2.8.6-rc4 was ok), IIRC. In my case, when
    > doing a (niced) compile in background, some windows react very slow, ie
    > Mozilla Thunderbird takes ages to switch trough mails or cliking on an
    > icon in kde to load up konsole takes about 10seconds or more (shoud come
    > up <1sec normally).
    >
    > Using 2.8.6.1-ck4
    >
    > HTH,
    >
    > Prakash

    hmmm, I have tried a number of things, and it seems to be only affected
    [so far] by heavy NFS use. This was like completely dead. I see that
    other people are having a hard time w/ CFQ and 2.6.8.1 however all
    related to swap. I think I will see what I can do w/ 2.6.8.1 and AS.

    Now that emerge has finished w/ scanning the portage tree, even though I
    am reading MP3's from nfs and untar'ing source from NFS all is well.

    I can't reboot just now, but soon. Also, right now I am compiling a
    bunch of updates to Gentoo, and I am experiancing great success. So it
    could be a regression, but I don't know.

    I just tried a couple more things, and am re-scanning w/ emerge, and the
    behaviour has returned. My rdesktop sessions are as smooth as glass,
    but anything local is tanking.

    thanks,
    Joshua

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.023 / U:0.416 seconds]