> > Pascal Schmidt <der.eremit@email.de> wrote:

>> I am not against a long term change that would require euid root too,
>> but this should be announced early enough to allow prominent users of
>> the interface to keep track of the interface changes.

>Too late for that now, no matter whether we like it or not... however,
>at least the discussion now has shown that changes to this interface
>need to be considered carefully, so maybe the future will be
>bright. ;)

Eveybody makes mistakes. Not being able to admid that and persisting to
continue to go in a wrong direction is the real problem.

There is no problem to do what I did propose.

And the wrong decision could have even be avoided if people did contact me
before they did act....

Jörg

js@cs.tu-berlin.de (uni) If you don't have iso-8859-1
schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (work) chars I am J"org Schilling