    SubjectCursed Checksums
    I have an issue with the incorrect TCP and UDP checksum dropped by the
    kernel. A network node is calculating TCP/UDP header checksums with wrong
    psuedo-headers, so kernel does not let these packets to reach to userspace;

    When I manually calcaulate the checksum in the incoming TCP and UDP packets
    and re-inject them back to the socket, everything works fine. That is, the
    data integrity is not damaged or corrupted at all.

    I tried to investigate the code in tcp_input.c and udp.c to see if I can
    disable the checksum control for inbound packets entirely. No use it was
    since I need to do this urgently.

    Any ideas?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.018 / U:4.700 seconds]