    SubjectRe: Possible dcache BUG
    Date
    On Friday 20 August 2004 14:13, Marc Ballarin wrote:
    >On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 13:29:05 -0400
    >
    >Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@verizon.net> wrote:
    >> I tried disabling it in the bios and the machine became unusable
    >> for all practical purposes.
    >
    >Is ECC checking for L2 cache enabled in your BIOS?

    There isn't a switch for that and as near as I can tell, no L2 cache
    on this board, only the L1 in the cpu. If there is an L2, then
    memtest86 can't find it, and I don't see any chips that look like
    seperate memory. Memtest86 may not know howto enable it if its an
    nforce2 option. Whatever cache shown as switchable in the bios,
    turning it off makes a very sick bird out of the machine, like a
    33mhz 386sx?

    I've located the bios docs on the Biostar site, and was set to print
    them when it locked up the last time. So I'll restart that project
    shortly.

    But it does run with it off and for the short time I left it that way,
    no errors.

    --
    Cheers, Gene
    -Ed Howdershelt (Author)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:2.784 / U:0.316 seconds]