On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 15:41, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > On Iau, 2004-08-19 at 17:07, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> > > Cdrtools is is code freeze state. This is why I say the best idea is to remove
> > > this interface change from the current Linux kernel and wait until there will
> > > be new cdrtools alpha for 2.02 releases. These alpha could get support for uid
> > > switching. If Linux then would again switch the changes on, it makes sense.
> >
> > While Sun did spend a year refusing to fix security holes I found - for
> > "compatibility reasons" - long ago back when I was a sysadmin at NTL,
> > the Linux world does not work that way.
>
> Unless you tell us what kind of "security holes" you found _and_ when this has
> been, it looks like a meaningless remark.

But this is the same kind of remarks you make - statements without
proof (the ones you also did not explain, and explicitly refuse to
explain or give a pointer to) - so I assume we should also consider
them as meaningless ?

--
Martin Schlemmer

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.184 / U:0.560 seconds]