On Gwe, 2004-08-20 at 14:41, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> > While Sun did spend a year refusing to fix security holes I found - for
> > "compatibility reasons" - long ago back when I was a sysadmin at NTL,
> > the Linux world does not work that way.
>
> Unless you tell us what kind of "security holes" you found _and_ when this has
> been, it looks like a meaningless remark.

Solaris of 2.5 era had bugs that allowed any user with rsh access to
issue network configuration ioctls. The sun engineers fixed the bug the
day I reported it then various other people refused to allow it out for
a year.

Linux doesn't work this way. We fix security bugs as a priority.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.135 / U:4.636 seconds]