    SubjectRe: DRM code reorganization
    --- Dave Jones <> wrote:
    > Another possibility of course is that the BSD & Linux kernel side
    > bits go their separate ways. How active is the kernel side of the
    > BSD world ?

    I'll probably get flamed to death for suggesting this, but why not?

    What about leaving BSD working with the current code and moving forward
    on Linux alone? The thread "OLS and console rearchitecture" describes a
    lot of changes to the graphics system. Some of these are much easier to
    achieve on Linux than BSD since some the underlying operations are
    supported in the Linux kernel and not in the BSD one. After we achieve
    a new stable point, maybe the first X on GL release, we back port
    everything to BSD.

    One problem right now is that there are only one or two BSD developers,
    all of the rest are Linux based. Most of the Linux based people have no
    clue as to BSD's capabilities. Wouldn't it simply be more efficient to
    put BSD on hold for a while and then resynch after everything has stabilized?

    Jon Smirl

    Do you Yahoo!?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.019 / U:7.260 seconds]