    SubjectRe: finding out the boot cpu number from userspace
    ==> Regarding Re: finding out the boot cpu number from userspace; "Martin J. Bligh" <> adds:

    >> assuming cpu 0 is the boot cpu sounds fragile/incorrect, but for
    >> irqbalanced I'd like to find out which cpu is the boot cpu, is there a
    >> good way of doing so ?
    >> The reason for needing this is that some firmware only likes running on
    >> the boot cpu so I need to bind firmware-related irq's to that cpu
    >> ideally.

    mbligh> On any sane arch, cpu 0 *IS* always the boot CPU, as we dynamically
    mbligh> number CPUs that way ... that doesn't mean that it's apicid 0. I
    mbligh> believe that PPC64 screwed this up, but AFAIK, everyone else gets
    mbligh> it correct ... ;-)

    Hmm, do we need to do any special handling for this in the kexec case?
    ISTR having some issues with this when using bootimg years back.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.028 / U:40.916 seconds]