    Subject2.6.8-rc2-mm2 with usb and input problems
    From
    Hi Andrew, hi list!

    I tried 2.6.8-rc2-mm2 and I still don't get it to work properly for me.
    The last kernel which really worked was 2.6.7-mm5. I experience the
    following problems:

    - USB deadlocking
    USB is still deadlocky, quite often process hang in D+ state.
    Is there something similar to usb-deadlock.fix which I could
    apply to 2.6.7-mm6, but which stumbles over 2.6.8-rc2-mm2?

    - psmouse/synaptics
    If I have usb as module, I cannot get synaptics to be recognized.
    Dmitry recommended making psaux driver as modules, but I cannot
    get it as module, because INPUT is automatically set to y, etc
    How is it possible to have USB modular and still get synaptics
    recognized? (or is a modular USB not necessary for S2R now that
    we have CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND?)

    To recount the last question:
    Is it still necessary for S2R to have USB modular, or is the usb
    subsystem slowly ready for use without getting unloaded?

    Thanks a lot for the great work and all the best

    Norbert

    Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at> Technische Universität Wien