SubjectRe: OLS and console rearchitecture
Date
Jon Smirl wrote:
> 15) Over time user space console will be moved to a model where VT's
> are implemented in user space. This allows user space console access to
> fully accelerated drawing libraries. This might allow removal of all of
> the tty/vc layer code avoiding the need to fix it for SMP.

One more minor problem. We need to ensure somehow that the "killall5"
program from the sysvinit package will not kill our userspace console
daemon at shutdown (got this when I tried to put fbiterm into
initramfs). What is the best way to achieve that?

--
Alexander E. Patrakov