    SubjectRe: IBM T22/APM suspend does not work with yenta_socket module loaded on 2.6.8.1
    On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, Russell King wrote:

    > On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 10:16:04AM +0200, Karel Gardas wrote:
    > > I've found that APM suspend is not working on my IBM T22 properly, when
    > > cardbus services are loaded. I've identified the problematic piece of code
    > > as a yenta_socket module -- when I stop cardmgr and unload this module,
    > > suspend starts to work.
    >
    > So it doesn't even work with cardmgr stopped and yenta loaded?

    Yes, cardmgr stopped and all modules loaded (including yenta) results in
    non-functioning suspend. Also I've forgotten to mention that my cardmgr is
    version 3.1.33...

    > Have you tried removing any cards plugged in to the sockets?

    I don't have any cards in any socket.

    > You could try grabbing the cbdump program from pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk
    > and trying to identify whether there's any differences in the register
    > settings of the Cardbus bridges - between having no yenta module loaded
    > and having yenta loaded with the sockets suspended using:
    >
    > echo 3 > /sys/class/pcmcia_socket/pcmcia_socket0/device/power/state
    > echo 3 > /sys/class/pcmcia_socket/pcmcia_socket1/device/power/state
    >
    > (echo 0 to these files to resume the sockets.)

    Will try and hopefully report results this week.

    Thanks,

    Karel
    --
    Karel Gardas kgardas@objectsecurity.com