SubjectRe: [patch] voluntary-preempt-2.6.8.1-P0

* Lee Revell <rlrevell@joe-job.com> wrote:

> > > What do you think of Ingo's solution of trying to move the problematic
> > > call to mdio_read out of the spinlocked section? It does seem that the
> >
> > Can't comment on that, I missed it. I am aware that locking in via-rhine
> > needs work, though, it's one of the things I haven't touched.
> >
> > > awfully long time. In a live audio setting you would actually get lots
> > > of media events.
> >
> > Don't trip over the network cables. Duh.
> >

> You might want to intentionally plug or unplug them. Live music != a
> server room. Think laptop DJs. It would be bad if plugging into the
> network caused a click in your sound output - this could be VERY loud
> depnding on the setting!

right now the mdio_read() latency causes a latency of 140 usecs which
isnt that bad. But looking at it in isolation, mdio_read() is 70 usecs a
pop which is excessive for a kernel function.

Ingo

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.214 / U:0.048 seconds]