SubjectRe: 2.6.8 kmem_cache_alloc barfs
Date
regparm=3 in an external modules build creates this problem if you reference internal
linux includes and makefile commands from an externally built module. I notice stack
passing is on where it needs to be in exported symbols **IF** they are defined properly.
There are some holes with this for folks creating external modules that call into a kernel
with objects that are mismatched from the compile.

This was the source of the bug.

Jeff

> On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 06:18:20PM +0000, jmerkey@comcast.net wrote:
> >
> > in 2.6.8 with all features and config options (at least those that will build)
> with 4GB memory option selected, kmem_cache_alloc crashes when called with
> requests for 64KB chunks of memory which exceed the kernel address space of 1GB
> in size rather than returning an out of memory error.
>
> testcase please.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.018 / U:2.380 seconds]