    El Thu, 19 Aug 2004 07:32:40 -0400 Lee Revell <rlrevell@joe-job.com> escribió:

    > On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 03:04, Patrick McFarland wrote:
    > > If no one has noticed yet, thanks to the additional license
    > > restrictions Joerg Schilling has added to cdrecord (due to this
    > > thread), it may be now moved to non-free in Debian in the near future.
    >
    > What restrictions? Do you have a link?

    See http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/gerv/archives/006193.html (which may not
    be the best interpretation of the changes)

    Basically it was added a "linuxcheck" function which you're not allowed to
    modify or delete. The function has a "warning", which results in something
    like:
    cdrecord: Warning: Running on Linux-2.6.8
    cdrecord: There are unsettled issues with Linux-2.5 and newer.
    cdrecord: If you have unexpected problems, please try Linux-2.4 or Solaris.

    (Dunno what it prints out when you're running suse but I don't think linux
    vendors are going to distribute software which says that their own software
    has issues.)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.021 / U:31.012 seconds]