Martin Mares <mj@ucw.cz> writes:

>[...]
> You explain that SuSE is non-cooperative, because they distribute crippled
> cdrecord, but you fail to explain what crippledness do you have in mind.

I would be interested also in what's the problem with our current
versions.

> Also, if you put away your flamethrower and just politely asked SUSE to add
> a message like `this version has been modified by SUSE, so please send your
> bug reports to support@suse.com instead of the original author', the whole
> issue would be probably already settled a long time ago.

Just for reference, SUSE does this already since some time. There was
one version in the 8.x series that was indeed broken but since then
I'm not aware of any issues.

SUSE Linux 9.1 has:

# cdrecord --version
Cdrecord-Clone-dvd 2.01a27 (x86_64-suse-linux) Copyright (C) 1995-2004 Jörg Schilling
Note: This version is an unofficial (modified) version with DVD support
Note: and therefore may have bugs that are not present in the original.
Note: Please send bug reports or support requests to http://www.suse.de/feedback
Note: The author of cdrecord should not be bothered with problems in this version.

Andreas

P.S. Yes, I do work for SUSE.

P.P.S: I think this is getting more and more offtopic for
linux-kernel. Should we move the discussion somewhere else?

--
Andreas Jaeger, aj@suse.de, http://www.suse.de/~aj
SUSE Linux AG, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.313 / U:0.060 seconds]