Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> writes:

> The GPL gives modification rights explicitly and doesn't say "except
> ones I don't like". The GPL addresses this issue in a different manner
>
> a) You must cause the modified files to carry prominent notices
> stating that you changed the files and the date of any change.
>
> Any SuSE (or Red Hat or other) modifications should thus clearly state
> they are modified. If people are not marking the files as modified and
> you want them to you'd have a legitimate rant.

As far as I can tell SuSE has had the following text in the cdrecord
banner for a while:

Cdrecord-Clone-dvd 2.01a27 (i686-suse-linux) Copyright (C) 1995-2004 Jörg Schilling
Note: This version is an unofficial (modified) version with DVD support
Note: and therefore may have bugs that are not present in the original.
Note: Please send bug reports or support requests to http://www.suse.de/feedback
Note: The author of cdrecord should not be bothered with problems in this version.

So I wonder what Jörg is complaining about.

/Christer

Freelance consultant specializing in device driver programming for Linux
Christer Weinigel <christer@weinigel.se> http://www.weinigel.se