    Alan Cox <> writes:

    > The GPL gives modification rights explicitly and doesn't say "except
    > ones I don't like". The GPL addresses this issue in a different manner
    > a) You must cause the modified files to carry prominent notices
    > stating that you changed the files and the date of any change.
    > Any SuSE (or Red Hat or other) modifications should thus clearly state
    > they are modified. If people are not marking the files as modified and
    > you want them to you'd have a legitimate rant.

    As far as I can tell SuSE has had the following text in the cdrecord
    banner for a while:

    Cdrecord-Clone-dvd 2.01a27 (i686-suse-linux) Copyright (C) 1995-2004 Jörg Schilling
    Note: This version is an unofficial (modified) version with DVD support
    Note: and therefore may have bugs that are not present in the original.
    Note: Please send bug reports or support requests to
    Note: The author of cdrecord should not be bothered with problems in this version.

    So I wonder what Jörg is complaining about.

    Freelance consultant specializing in device driver programming for Linux
    Christer Weinigel <>

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.021 / U:122.896 seconds]