Hello!

> It makes no sense to comment things if you don't know what's going on.
> So please avoid comments like this in the future.
>
> Your statement "it may be now moved to non-free in Debian in the near future"
> is just complete nonsense. Of course, I am in discussions with Debian people
> about the best method to force SuSE not to publish broken versions of cdrtools
> in the future.

Hmmm, it seems that the matter is so complicated that even you don't know what's
going on ;-) The latest issue of Debian Weekly News explicitly mentions that
cdrecord has to go to non-free unless the license additions get changed.

> Let me comment what SuSE is currently doing with cdrtools:

You accuse Linux distributors of being non-cooperative, but I think that the
major cause of not cooperating is that just everybody in the Linux world does
not share your set of dogmata, the recent discussion about addressing devices
being a prime example. Although I very much appreciate your experience with
CD recording, I feel that the ways of referring to devices should be best
left to Linux developers.

(BTW: I am not sure I haven't missed anything in the long cdrecord-related
threads on the LKML, but I still haven't seen what is exactly so broken on the
cdrecord shipped by SUSE.)

Have a nice fortnight
--
Martin `MJ' Mares <mj@ucw.cz> http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/
System going down at 5 pm to install scheduler bug.