    Hello!

    > It makes no sense to comment things if you don't know what's going on.
    > So please avoid comments like this in the future.
    >
    > Your statement "it may be now moved to non-free in Debian in the near future"
    > is just complete nonsense. Of course, I am in discussions with Debian people
    > about the best method to force SuSE not to publish broken versions of cdrtools
    > in the future.

    Hmmm, it seems that the matter is so complicated that even you don't know what's
    going on ;-) The latest issue of Debian Weekly News explicitly mentions that
    cdrecord has to go to non-free unless the license additions get changed.

    > Let me comment what SuSE is currently doing with cdrtools:

    You accuse Linux distributors of being non-cooperative, but I think that the
    major cause of not cooperating is that just everybody in the Linux world does
    not share your set of dogmata, the recent discussion about addressing devices
    being a prime example. Although I very much appreciate your experience with
    CD recording, I feel that the ways of referring to devices should be best
    left to Linux developers.

    (BTW: I am not sure I haven't missed anything in the long cdrecord-related
    threads on the LKML, but I still haven't seen what is exactly so broken on the
    cdrecord shipped by SUSE.)

    Have a nice fortnight
    --
    Martin `MJ' Mares <mj@ucw.cz> http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/
    System going down at 5 pm to install scheduler bug.