SubjectRe: Kernel recompilation error
Hi Rahul
Is the module loaded whem you compile the
kernel try,
/sbin/lsmod

it will give you a list of loaded modules, you should see
Module Size Used by
loop ....

if not load the module as super user
/sbin/modprobe loop

and try again. If this does not work then try asking
http://www.kernelnewbies.org/
This list is more appropriate for these questions.