SubjectIs it possible to have a Kernel & initrd in 1 binary?
Hello,

I'm working on an embedded device and I want it to boot off of a USB
stick.
I'm using a utility called filo which is able to read an elf off of a
USB stick. The
problem is filo can only read the kernel portion of the elf and not the
initrd.
Question, is there a way to bundle both the kernel and initrd in to
just a kernel
binary? I thought there was a way, but I've always used initrd and I'm
not familiar with
making a kernel & initrd in to one image.
An alternative might be that the kernel be built to understand the
USB, but I've
found that there is a delay between when the kernel detects USB and when
it goes to boot off of the USB drive of about 1 second and then the
kernel fails
to load thinking the USB drive is not present.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.025 / U:15.400 seconds]