    SubjectRe: [patch] enums to clear suspend-state confusion

    > Now, Patrick has some plans with device power managment and they
    > included something bigger being passed down to the drivers. I wanted
    > to prepare for those plans.
    > I can replace suspend_state_t with enum system_state, but it might
    > mean that enum system_state will have to be extended with things like
    > RUNTIME_PM_PCI_D0 in future... I guess that's easiest thing to do. It
    > solves all the problems we have *now*.

    Better is to use a typedef then, so that enum can be turned into a
    pointer to a structure later on, and drivers using the "helper"
    function to_pci_state() would not need any change when that transition

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.019 / U:0.672 seconds]