    SubjectRe: [patch] voluntary-preempt-2.6.8-rc2-M5

    * Lee Revell <rlrevell@joe-job.com> wrote:

    > > No, this is not. It should be a real XRUN, I believe.
    >
    > This one has still defied explanation. The working theory was that it
    > was the same bug causing an xrun if an unrelated process called
    > mlockall, but now that bug has been fixed, and this xrun at startup
    > still happens.

    does the first xrun happen right during startup, or only when the first
    jack application uses jackd to do audio?

    if the former then does jackd set itself up (does an mlockall, etc.)
    before it opens the audio device? If the audio device has an event for
    jackd the moment the device is opened, and jackd opens the audio device
    early during startup, then jackd might not be able to process this event
    until it has started up (which can take milliseconds).

    Ingo

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:4.324 / U:0.040 seconds]