    Robert M. Stockmann wrote:

    > Maybe you didn't fully understand my problem. What i did was the
    > following. I downloaded cdrtools-2.01a27.tar.bz2 from
    > and only applied this patch cdrtools-2.01a27-ossdvd.patch.bz2 from

    And the question is: why??? SuSE comes with a cdrtools version that runs
    fine. No need to download anything from an external source. Just installing
    the cdrtools package from SuSE and calling "cdrecord dev=/dev/hdc ..."
    works without any problems here.

    You are complaining here that using some external package as replacement
    for the SuSE version and additionally forcing a setting other than the
    default does not work, even after a SuSE developer told you not to do
    that because there are known problems with the setting you are forcing.

    So what are you asking for? I guess I can find a bunch of programs that
    I download from anywhere and that are not working with some distributions.
    The idea of a distribution is that the packagers take care that the packages
    they deliver work together. Replacing some piece with your own version
    and then complaining that it does not work doesn't make any sense.
    This is like replacing the "eject" on SuSE 9.1 which has been patched
    to work with subfs and then complaining that your own "eject" does not
    work with subfs on SuSE 9.1.

    Dipl.-Inform. Frank Steiner Web:
    Lehrstuhl f. Bioinformatik Mail:
    LMU, Amalienstr. 17 Phone: +49 89 2180-4049
    80333 Muenchen, Germany Fax: +49 89 2180-99-4049

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.020 / U:9.012 seconds]