SubjectRe: Possible dcache BUG
Date
On Monday 16 August 2004 01:03, Denis Vlasenko wrote:

>> > ^^^^^^^

>> >Gene, you should have stopped using preempt/smp and sound modules
>> >in an attempt to narrow down the bug. We already kinda determined
>> >that you are experiencing random memory corruption, but hardware
>> >was tested and seems to be ok. It's software, then. Preempt/smp
>> > bug or buggy driver are prime suspects.
>>
>> Ok, non-preempt is building. Will reboot to it when the build is
>> done.
>
>Do not load sound modules too please, unless you absolutely need
> sound.

One thing at a time I think. Thats major surgery on modprobe.conf to
disable that, plus a chkconfig alsasound off.

I've noticed that with preempt off, my kde curser motions are back to
using the mouse if I want to move it more than a word or so to hit a
typu and fix it. Its an effect that comes and goes, often in the
same message reply. X is running at -1 I think. Other than that
(knock on wood) its running ok so far, but only 9h50m uptime.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:2.100 / U:0.044 seconds]