    SubjectRe: rc4-mm1 pci-routing
    On Friday 13 August 2004 3:06 pm, Ralf Gerbig wrote:
    > The on the first boot of rc4-mm1 the last line on the screen was about
    > starting ALSA, so I assumed that was what broke and sent the diff of
    > the 'boot.msg' (SuSE 9.1) with and without pci=routeirq.

    So this was some unrelated problem, and the hang occurs both with
    and without "pci=routeirq"?

    > Then I compiled the intel8x0 driver into the kernel send the resulting
    > boot.msg with pci=routeirq. Thereafter I hooked up a serial console and
    > found an oops from the 'wondershaper' and other unrelated breakage.

    And you think the wondershaper oops was also unrelated to "pci=routeirq"?
    Having to reorder wondershaper to avoid an oops doesn't sound like an
    optimal solution.

    So, if you don't have any problems you can blame on my patch, great!
    And don't feel sorry; my change exposed several driver bugs, so I'm
    glad for every testing report!

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.021 / U:23.680 seconds]