Måns Rullgård wrote:
> David Woodhouse <dwmw2@infradead.org> writes:

>>That seems reasonable, but _only_ if burnfree is not enabled. If the
>>hardware _supports_ burnfree but it's disabled, the warning should also
>>recommend turning it on.
>

> I'm also wondering why cdrecord disables it by default. Can it ever
> do any harm being enabled?

In theory, yes. It makes the track longer, so it could in theory make
something large not fit. In practice, there really are some readers
which skip on audio when they see the blanks. As Joerg which ones, but
other people have agreed that it does happen.

I have noted that even with it off my recent burners don't mind running
out of data, so in most cases it won't hurt. Burning off NFS I see 7-10
underruns typically.

--
-bill davidsen (davidsen@tmr.com)