    SubjectRe: Altix I/O code reorganization
    On Thursday, August 12, 2004 2:15 am, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
    > And, let me repeat:
    > There is absolutely _NO_ interest in adding yet another non-standard
    > prom interface for PCI configuration. IA64 has a standard ACPI-based
    > interface that everyone but SGI implementent. Please implement that
    > one in your firmware.

    Our platform does not currently support ACPI based PCI discovery and
    configuration. My claim is that this patchset gets us closer to being able
    to implement it. You aren't saying that any changes to the codebase should
    be rejected until ACPI is 100% supported, are you? That seems like a silly
    stance to take since it precludes incremental improvements in the codebase.

    IOW, assuming the patchset meets with general approval in other ways, you
    wouldn't oppose its inclusion just because it doesn't go far enough, would

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.024 / U:103.124 seconds]