    SubjectRe: 2.6 kernel won't reboot on AMD system - 8042 problem?
    Vojtech Pavlik wrote:

    >>Could you please try the patch below? I am interested in tests both with
    >>and without keyboard/mouse. The main idea is to leave ports that have been
    >>disabled by BIOS alone... The patch compiles but otherwise untested. Against

    > Well, this has a problem - plugging a mouse later will never work, as
    > the interface will be disabled by the BIOS if a mouse is not present at
    > boot.

    Nor does plugging a keyboard in work either. On the other hand, for the
    application this computer is destined for, not being able to reboot is
    far, far worse than adding a mouse/keyboard at run time, so I'm happy.
    I'm still willing to work on and test patches, though, as I think it
    would be good to get some form of fix into the kernel. And the fact
    that 2.4 works shows that it is possible...

    David N. Welton

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.021 / U:10.860 seconds]